Ingredients (serves eight)
- 4 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 cups (350g) quinoa (see note)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium red capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, roughly chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, roughly chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Fresh oregano leaves, to serve
- Place stock and quinoa in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat. Set aside, covered for 10 minutes.
- Spray a heavy-based saucepan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add capsicum and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until beginning to soften. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini, onion and oregano. Toss to combine. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Add zucchini mixture and lemon juice to quinoa. Toss to combine. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Quinoa is the seed of a leafy plant native to South America. Look for it in health food shops or the health food aisle of larger supermarkets.