1 small Onion, finely chopped
430g can Brown Lentils (or green and you can cook them yourself less Salt)
1 teaspoon Marmite (now cause I’m an Aussie I use VEGIMITE of course)
2 tablespoons Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons Tomato Paste with Garlic and Herbs (or plain)
1/2 teaspoon Salt (Himalayan of course)
1/2 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil Leaves (I actually use fresh Parsley from my garden)
1/2 cup Grated Carrot
1/2 cup Finely Chopped Celery
1 Egg, lightly beaten (organic)
1 cup Dry Breadcrumbs (organic wholemeal if you can)
2 cups Cooked Brown Short Grain Rice ( I use Quinoa)
1/2 cup Dry Breadcrumbs, extra (organic wholemeal if you can)
2 tablespoons oil (or spray)
1. Place all ingredients, except the extra breadcrumbs and oil, in a large bowl. Mix well.
2. Using a 1/4 cup measure, shape the mixture into 14 burgers. Coat with the extra breadcrumbs and refrigerate for 30 min.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook half the burgers over medium heat, for 5 minutes each side, until golden and crisp.
4. Repeat with the second batch of burgers, using remaining oil.
5. Serve in a burger bun with salad or like you would rissoles with some steamed vegies. I love rolling them up in a wrap with some sweet chilli sauce.
I always freeze mine as I wouldn’t eat 14 burgers in one sitting. 🙂