Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
For the broiled salmon:
2 kg salmon fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin 2 teaspoons garlic powder 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika 1 teaspoon Hymalayan or Celtic salt
For the Cherry Chutney:
Yield: Serves 4
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups dried cherries (non sweetened)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 mandarine, peeled and seperated into sections
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh finger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cardamom
- Pinch nutmeg
- Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
To Make the Citrus Cherry Walnut Chutney:
- In a large pot, add the olive oil and heat to medium. Add the onion and saute until it begins to turn brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the chopped clementines, increase the heat to high and bring mixture to a full boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook (uncovered) for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the clementines and continue to cook an additional 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the juices have thickened.
To Make the Salmon:
4. Place oven on high broil setting and allow the oven to heat all the way.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, paprika and salt.
Drizzle over the salmon fillets (if you have time, refrigerate the marinade-coated salmon for at
least 15 minutes for more flavor).
6. * Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven, top with cherry chutney and serve
* Broiling Method Below