This tasty, easy-to-prepare version of chili is a great addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating. Beans are a good source of health-promoting dietary fiber as well as a vegetarian source of protein. Enjoy!
|Prep and Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Chop onion and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Healthy Sauté (as in previous recipes)onion and bell peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, spices, tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
If adding ground turkey, saute it with the onion and bell peppers for 5 minutes in Step #2.
Start your Healthy Saute by heating 1 TBS of broth in a stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Once the broth begins to bubble add onions and saute stirring frequently. After the onions have cooked for about 5 minutes, you can then add other ingredients such as garlic, or fresh ginger. Once they have had a chance to cook together for just another minute, add other vegetables. This method enables you to have flavorful sauted vegetables without heating oil.