Get an extra boost of health-promoting vitamin A from the tomatoes and heart-healthy monounsatured fats from the avocados in this great addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating.
|Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting properties.
- Mix together garlic, scallions, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat 2 inches of water in the bottom of a steamer and let it come to a boil.
- Rub halibut with 1TBS lemon juice and season with a little salt and black pepper. Place in steamer and steam 10 minutes for every inch of thickness. (e.g., 5 minutes if it is 1/2-inch thick)
- Place fish on plate, and top with sals
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Mexican Corn on the Cob and Green Salad (below)
Steamed Mexican Corn on the Cob – Serves 4
The red chili powder will add a spicy twist to the summer favorite of corn on the cob!
|Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutesIngredients:
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid. Do not salt water.
- Remove husks and corn silk from corn cobs. Place the corn in the steamer basket, cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
- While corn is steaming, mix together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Remove corn from steamer, brush with oil mixture, and serve hot.